Sunday, November 4, 2018

House Aesthetics

Recently, my family returned from visiting New England.  While there, we saw many houses like this one.  Houses painted black - imposing, gloomy.  My husband was delighted by them.  I was fascinated.

My husband joked that I should not be surprised if my house was painted black. Our house is blue.  It is calming, welcoming, and secure.

A black house is unique. It is overwhelming. 

I would not want a black house. 

The aesthetics of a house help to invite people in or keep them away. 

It is my goal to be a more welcoming person. Painting my house black will not convey this.

I wish to be a happier person. A dark house may not assist here, either.

Visiting Salem, the House of Seven Gables, the Witch House, and other such Gothic locations has proven to be a fascinating deterrent.  I enjoyed my time there, but I do not want to live in a manner which would be reflected in a black house.

No, I prefer the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

"Pretend" and the Sad Lack of Imagination

       A few years ago, I worked as a teaching assistant at a small private school.  Periodically, I was asked to go into the Preschool or t...