Saturday, November 13, 2021

My husband told me to slow my roll...

 It is just a fact that I am a planner. I love to sequence curricula. I love to gather information and coordinate plans. I am very good at this sort of work. And, I am also very good at implementing. 

My children are very eager little sponges who want to homeschool every single day. 

I am not exaggerating. 

I am not kidding. 

They LOVE to learn (right now). And, they love the attention it gets them. LO is beginning to read by himself. He has even read his siblings a story. Their eagerness combined with my almost neurotic need to plan has created numerous excel sheets filled with possibilities of lessons for them. 

I plan to continue using Schola Rosa as my main curriculum because it is working wonderfully. But my children are devouring books and stories and lessons. They want more. So, I am looking at every resource I can to fill their excess time with good literature. 

As a result of my planning, I asked a priest what age my son should begin memorizing the Mass parts for future serving. And, that's when my husband told me to slow my roll on the five-year-old. He said he was afraid I was already looking at college programs for him. And, honestly, if you look at my master plan - I kinda was. 

Okay, I wasn't really looking at colleges, but I was definitely looking at what classes I could prepare my children to CLEP. So, basically the same thing. 

So, anyways, if anyone is looking for free High School resources that end in CLEPS, I have ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

"Pretend" and the Sad Lack of Imagination

       A few years ago, I worked as a teaching assistant at a small private school.  Periodically, I was asked to go into the Preschool or t...